- Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 03:56
- Written by Asa Jay Laughton
- Hits: 7172
- Category: Uncategorised
Welcome to Sam's Toy Chest. Please pardon the lack of meaningful content as we work on building our new site.
- Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 04:49
- Written by Asa Jay Laughton
- Hits: 4152
- Category: Uncategorised
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Sam's Toy Chest web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Sam's Toy Chest web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Sam's Toy Chest at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Sam's Toy Chest web site are provided "as is". Sam's Toy Chest makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Sam's Toy Chest does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Sam's Toy Chest or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Sam's Toy Chest Internet site, even if Sam's Toy Chest or a Sam's Toy Chest authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Sam's Toy Chest web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Sam's Toy Chest does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Sam's Toy Chest may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Sam's Toy Chest does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Sam's Toy Chest has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Sam's Toy Chest of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Sam's Toy Chest web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Published on Monday, 11 June 2012 04:40
- Written by Asa Jay Laughton
- Hits: 4800
- Category: Uncategorised
Welcome to Sam's Toy Chest.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Detailed Policy Notes
We understand that privacy online is important to users of our Site.
This statement governs our privacy policies with respect to those users of the Site ("Visitors") who visit without registering and Visitors who register ("Registered Users") to make use of the various services offered by our Site.
"Personally Identifiable Information"
Refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact, or locate the person to whom such information pertains, including, but not limited to, name, address, email address. Personally Identifiable Information does not include information that is collected anonymously (that is, without identification of the individual user) or demographic information not connected to an identified individual.
What Personally Identifiable Information is collected?
We may collect basic user profile information from all of our Visitors. We may collect one or more of the following additional pieces of information from our registered users: name, date of birth, email addresse, IP address, username, avatar.
What organizations are collecting the information?
This Site does not share any Personally Identifiable Information with any other organizations. However, this Site may link to other sites (such as Amazon.com) which may directly collect personally identifiable information on our Visitors or Registered Users. We do not control how these third parties use such information.
How does the Site use Personally Identifiable Information?
We use Personally Identifiable Information to customize the Site, to make appropriate service offerings, and to enhance the Registered User's interaction experience with the Site. We may email Registered Users about research or information related to the subject matter of the Site. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to contact Registered Users in response to specific inquiries, or to provide requested information.
With whom may the information may be shared?
Personally Identifiable Information about Registered Users will not be shared with any third party vendors. We may share aggregated information about our Visitors, including the demographics of our Visitors and Registered Users, with our affiliated agencies and third party vendors. We also offer the opportunity to "opt out" of receiving information or being contacted by us or by any agency acting on our behalf.
How is Personally Identifiable Information stored?
Personally Identifiable Information collected by us is stored in a database and is not accessible to third parties or Site Administrators except for use as indicated above.
What choices are available to Visitors regarding collection, use and distribution of the information?
No personally identifiable information is collected from Visitors other than storing a cookie on thier computer. Registered Users may opt out of receiving unsolicited information from or being contacted by us by emailing the Site Administrator. Opting out of third party affiliates needs to be done with the third party affiliate as this Site does not share any personally identifiable information with third parties.
Are Cookies Used on the Site?
How does the Site use login information?
We may use Registered User login information, including, but not limited to, IP addresses, ISPs, and browser types, to analyze trends, administer the Site, track a user's movement and use, and gather broad demographic information.
What partners or service providers have access to Personally Identifiable Information from Visitors and/or Registered Users on the Site?
Sam's Toy Chest is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information to comply with law.
We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information in order to comply with a court order or subpoena or a request from a law enforcement agency to release information. We will also disclose Personally Identifiable Information when reasonably necessary to protect the safety of our Visitors and Registered Users.
How does the Site keep Personally Identifiable Information secure?
The Personally Identifiable Information of our Registered Users is only accessible to a limited number of qualified individuals who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure site, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and we will not be liable to Visitors or Registered Users for any such occurrences.
How can Visitors or Registered Users correct any inaccuracies in Personally Identifiable Information?
No personally identifiable information is collected from Visitors other than storing a cookie on thier computer. Registered Users may contact us to update Personally Identifiable Information about them or to correct any inaccuracies by emailing us at
Can a Visitor or Registered User delete or deactivate Personally Identifiable Information collected by the Site?
No personally identifiable information is collected from Visitors other than storing a cookie on thier computer. For Registered Uses, We provide a mechanism to delete or deactivate Personally Identifiable Information from the Site's database by contacting the Site Administrator. However, because of backups and records of deletions, it may be impossible to delete an entry without retaining some residual information. An individual who requests to have Personally Identifiable Information deactivated will have this information functionally deleted, and we will not sell, transfer, or use Personally Identifiable Information relating to that individual in any way.
This web site contains links to other web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are moving to another web site. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their privacy policies may differ from ours.